Monetize your video content by connecting video ads to MAZ via a third-party ad source. It’s as simple as copy and pasting your URL ad tags in the MAZ dashboard under App Creator, Ads, and Video Ads. With SpringServe Ad Integration all - Pre, Mid, and Post rolls Ads will work.
Ad tags are URLs that tell a video player where to request video ads and how to display those ads in the player (in this case, MAZ). Ad tags typically have a few constant components and some metadata (known as macros) that provides additional context to the request being made.
Create an ad tag URL through your SpringServe console. Please see SpringServe documentation for additional info. Once you have created ad tag URLs, you'll need to add them in the respective fields for the video ad settings in your MAZ Dashboard. These ad tags will be passed as-is for each platform, meaning calls are made to the URL as is.
To begin using KVPs with MAZ, you will need to set up your targeting tags in the MAZ dashboard and in the SpringServe console. MAZ will pick up the values within designated tags from your MRSS feed and pass them to SpringServe for targeted ads.
Please Note: MAZ now supports the passing of various SpringServe macros dynamically in addition to KVPs(if added).
Learn more about KVPs here!
MAZ will generate Macros and insert them into ad requests dynamically. Each of the following macros should NOT be included in your ad tag.
- w - It is size of the player width as per current orientation.
- h - It is size of the player height as per current orientation.
- cb - Cache buster. It is a random number to prevent caching.
- ua - It is a user agent string.
- desc - It is description of video.
- dur - It is video duration length in seconds
- ap - When player set to autoplay
- placement - Placement of video
- device_make - Device make : Samsung or Apple
- device_model - A devices model
- app_name - Name of the app
- app_store_url - URL of App Store
- did - User device id for all device types
mid - Media id from item feed
- cid - Content id from item feed
- vt - Encoded video title.
- vid - Video id from item feed
- v_url - Video url. This is content url from item feed
- gdpr - If GDPR consent is available for an app
- us_privacy - If CCPA is available for an app
- coppa - A flag indicating traffic that is subject to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States.
- content_id - Item id from item feed
- content_title - Encoded item title
- ip - User ip address
Mobile only :
- lat - User latitude
- lon - User longitude
CTV only :
- brand_name - Device brand name.
With the release of iOS 14 and tvOS 14, Apple has introduced the AppTrackingTransparency framework. As per Apple's new guidelines, apps will need to request permission to track the user and access the device’s advertising identifier to display personalized ads.
Due to this, if your MAZ app is already on the Apple App Store and you decide to turn on or turn off ads on the MAZ dashboard, an app update will be required for iOS/tvOS apps to comply with the new guidelines.
After enabling or disabling ads on the MAZ Dashboard, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an app update for your iOS/tvOS app.