You will want to track usage activity within your app in order to gain insights into how users are engaging with your app and content. MAZ uses Google Analytics to track this data. You will create and manage your own Google Analytics account, this is something that is not managed or set up by MAZ. However, we do ask that you pass along some permissions and information for us so we can set up tracking within your apps. Follow the instructions below to get set up.
For further information, you can also check out this collection of articles: Analytics
Setting up your Google Analytics Account
- Go to http://https://analytics.google.com/ and login with your Google Analytics credentials (or create an account).
- In the Analytics Dashboard, go to "Admin" located at the bottom left of the page and click the same.
- Click the "Create Property" button as shown below.
4. On the next screen, select "Web" as the property type.
5. On the next screen, enter the property details by entering your Brand Name as the Website Name and your website URL as the Website URL, and click "Create".
6. Your new property will be created and your Tracking ID, and a number starting with UA- will be displayed on the screen. This is your GA Tracking ID. Copy this Tracking ID and upload it to the MAZ dashboard by navigating to App Creator > Analytics > Settings > Edit. Anytime this ID is changed we will need to submit a new build. If you are changing this ID please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you need a new build created.
7. Next, edit the following settings in the new "Web" property you created
- Under the property column, go to Custom Definitions > Custom Dimensions and add a custom dimension at index 1, name it "PlatformName" and set the scope as "Session".
• Under the View column, click on "+ Create View" and select "Mobile App", give it any name and save
• Under the "View" column, go to "Ecommerce Settings" and turn on "Enable Ecommerce" and "Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting"
8. Give admin access to email@example.com
- Under the "Property" column, go to "Property User Management" and click the big blue "+" button
- Add user firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give "Edit" permission and save
You've now set up your Google Analytics account, and are all set to continue moving forward! Click here for Step 11: Create Test Builds & Go Live