In order for your app to be able to collect user engagement data and report it to Google Analytics, it needs the tracking ID which you will get from your Google Analytics property in the Google Analytics dashboard. To generate the tracking ID, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://https://analytics.google.com/ and login with your Google Analytics credentials (or create an account).
- In the Analytics Dashboard, go to "Admin" at the bottom left of the page and click the same.
- Now click the "+ Create Property" button as shown below.
4. On the next screen, select "Web" as the property type.
5. On the next screen, enter the property details by entering your Brand Name as the Website Name and your website URL as the Website URL, select the category applicable for your app, the reporting time zone you'd prefer, and click "Create".
6. Your new property will be created and your new Tracking ID, a number starting with UA- will be displayed on the screen. This is your GA Tracking ID. Copy this tracking ID and fill it in on the MAZ dashboard by navigating to App Creator > Anayltics > Settings > Edit. If you change this tracking ID anytime in the future, you will need a new app build to be submitted by MAZ. If you are changing this ID please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you need a new build created after inputting your Tracking ID within MAZ Dashboard.
7. Next, in "Admin", edit the following settings(exactly as mentioned below) in the new "Web" property you created
- Under the property column, go to Custom Definitions > Custom Dimensions and add a custom dimension at index 1, name it "PlatformName" and set the scope as "Session"
• Under the View column, click on "+ Create View" and select "Mobile App", give it any name and save
• Under the View column, go to "Ecommerce Settings" and turn ON "Enable Ecommerce" and "Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting"
- Under the Property column, go to "Property User Management" and click the big blue + button
- Add user email@example.com
- Give "Edit" permission and save
Once you have completed the steps mentioned above, your Google Analytics tracking has been set and the app will start reporting user engagement data to GA as soon as the next app update goes live!