With all custom events, timed events and screen views, MAZ sends a custom dimension named “PlatformName” which is used to filter data based on the platform type. Below are instructions on how to add a custom dimension to a property in Google Analytics.
Once you have added the “PlatformName” custom dimension, you may set the PlatformName custom dimension by clicking the Secondary Dimension drop down and selecting “PlatformName” under “Custom Dimensions”.
How to add custom dimension to your GA property:
1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account and go to Admin.
2. From the Property drop down, select the property to which you want to add the custom dimension.
3. In the Property section and go to Custom Definitions > Custom Dimensions.
4. Click the “+ NEW CUSTOM DIMENSION” button to create a new custom dimension.
5. In the Name text field enter “PlatformName” (without the quotes).
6. In the Scope drop down select “Session”.
7. Make sure “Active” checkbox is checked.
8. Click Create. Click Done on the next screen. “PlatformName” is now added.