I have purchased a subscription in the app, but the latest issue has a price on it. What should I do?
Please try to restore your purchases by opening the app and tapping on the cog-wheel icon in the top right corner, then Restore Purchases at the bottom of the screen. You may be prompted to log in with your Apple ID - please make sure it is the same one you used to make your purchase.
Content that I've purchased isn't showing up in the app for me. What do I do if Restore Purchases doesn't work?
First, please try restarting the app:
1. Double-tap your iPhone’s home button.
2. Locate the app and flick it upwards. This will shut down the app.
3. Tap the home button again.
4. Make sure you have a strong, stable WiFi connection and that you are logged into the Apple ID you used to make the original purchase.
5. Launch the app again and try to Restore Purchases
If this doesn't do the trick, you may have a faulty download of the app. To refresh, do the following:
- Find the app on your home screen and long-press the app icon until it starts to shake.
- Tap the 'X' on the the app icon to remove the app from your iPhone.
- Install the app anew from the App Store.
- Reopen the app and try unlocking your purchases.
How do I cancel the auto-renewal of a subscription?
- From your iPhone's home screen, tap App Store.
- Tap Featured at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap the Apple ID button at the bottom of the screen. (If you are not signed in, tap the Sign In button, and log in with the Apple ID you used to purchase the subscription. Then return to the Apple ID button.)
- Tap the View Apple ID button.
- Enter your password and tap OK.
- From the main account page, scroll down and tap Manage App Subscriptions. If you don't have any app subscriptions this button will not be displayed.
- From your Manage App Subscription page, choose an app subscription.
- Tap the subscription category for which you want to disable auto-renewal.
- Next to Automatic Renewal, tap the green toggle switch
- You'll receive a confirmation message; tap Turn Off to confirm your choice.
The app appears to have frozen while trying to download/unlock my purchases. What should I do?
First, please double-check that the app is actually frozen. Sometimes issue content can be rather large, and take a considerable time to download over slower Internet connections. If you are positive that the app is frozen, please follow these steps to restart the app.
- Double-tap your iPhone’s home button.
- Locate the app and flick it upwards. This will shut down the app.
- Tap the home button again.
- Make sure you have a strong, stable WiFi connection and reopen the app, and attempt to unlock your purchases again.
If there is a free trial being offered in the app, how does that work?
If you'd like to check if a free trial is currently being offered, please open the app and tap the settings icon in the top right corner.
Click on "Activate Subscription". If the publisher is currently offering a free trial, you will see a Free Trial Subscription button appear in the pop-up screen. Tap it and the app will inform you how long the free trial will last, as well as the price and length of the paid subscription that will begin at the end of the trial.
I have renewed my print subscription to the magazine with the publisher. I had also made some in-app purchases through the Apple iTunes Store. What happens to these in-app purchases now that I have a running print subscription? Can I get back those in-app purchases in the app and also get access to the print issues in the app?
If the publisher offers print subscription integration in the app, you will see an "Existing Subscriber Login" option under Activate Subscription in the settings of the app.
Fill out the information to unlock the issues associated with your print subscription. In addition to that you may also use "Restore Purchases" button under settings to unlock any previous in-app purchases (including auto renewing subscriptions) you may have purchased from the Apple iTunes Store.