Add a stream of video content by uploading an MRSS feed to MAZ.
Navigate to Content, +New, Feed, and then MRSS.
Enter the following metadata and Feed URL:
- Name (Internally facing)
- Feed URL
- Title (External)
- Subtitle (External)
- Description (External)
Below you can find our MRSS Specs:
The following sample feed contains all of the elements required for the proper functionality of MRSS feeds in MAZ apps.
<rss xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/" version="2.0">
<title>Home video feed</title>
<description>Some description text for the feed</description>
<lastBuildDate>Mon, 23 Nov 2015 11:52:32 0800</lastBuildDate>
<title>A BIG Title for your Video</title>
<description> Description of the video </description>
<pubDate>Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:29:47 0800</pubDate>
<media:content duration="123" medium="video" type="video/mp4" url="http://maz.com/samplevideourl/4mmaddgkad.m3u8 "/>
- Titles truncated after roughly 49 characters
- Thumbnails minimum of 550 x 310 px
- Video full HD quality, 1080 x 1920
Accepted file formats
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.2 or lower
- H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AACLC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AACLC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
The W3C provides a free RSS/ATOM feed validator, which can be found here:
https://validator.w3.org/feed/. If you encounter any problems adding one of your feeds to our platform, try running it through this validator first to make sure it validates. This can be a great tool to pinpoint any errors that may be associated with your feed.