MAZ banners are a simple yet powerful tool for promoting any type of content, for both mobile and OTT apps. Banners allow for seamless deeplinks and weblinks in any section. Up to five images and links can be added and viewed by the user by swiping left and right on the banners, otherwise they will rotate automatically after a few seconds. You can also target banners to certain users!
In this article:
- How to create a banner group
- How to create banners
- How to link banner groups to sections
Create a Banner Group
Under App Creator, navigate to Banners. Then select + Group.
Enter a Group Name (Internal Facing).
If you're utilizing UserSync, segment the banner group by the following:
- All Users
- Subscribers Only
- Non-Subscribers Only
- Logged In
- Not Logged In
Set the Outputs (for mobile and/or OTT) for the banner group and hit save.
Now that you have a group, click into the group and add banners by selecting + Banner.
Enable the following settings and information:
- Visibility: Mobile or OTT
- Tracking Name (Internal Facing)
- Mobile: Upload banner Image (JPG, 2048 x 450 px), add a Link Type (Web URL or Deeplink). Enter the Web URL or select the Deeplink clicking the banner will lead to.
- OTT: Banner Image (JPG, 1966 x 400 px). Select the Deeplink where the banner will lead to.
IMPORTANT: Mobile banners have a visible "safe zone" of 1200 x 400 px, while TV banners have a 1800 x 400 px safe zone. Make sure to place the core message and image within these safe zones.
Link Banner Groups to Sections
Navigate to the section where you would like to add a specific banner group. Select Metadata next to that section.
Check the box next to Show Banners, then select a banner group from the dropdown. Make sure to hit save.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your Banners are activated in your app by selecting Active next to the banner group.