Video Ad Integrations are a very powerful way to start monetizing your app experience. The MAZ dashboard allows for integrations with Google Ad Manager, SpotX, SpringServe as well as Third Party Vast Tags. Each Ad Integration does vary in the functionality that is included and setup required.
Google Ad Manager
Important points to note before using Google Ad Manager
- Google Ad Manager has a few mandatory Ad Tags and Macros
- Google Ad Manager supports all - pre-roll, mid-roll, and post-roll ads along with different macros.
- Make sure that you do not pass description_url, correlator, scor, rdid, idtype, is_lat as key-value pairs in the Ad tag URL as apps will suffix these automatically with every request.
Learn more about Google Ad Manager integration.
Video Ads: SpotX
Important points to note before using SpotX
- MAZ supports only pre-roll ads with SpotX.
- MAZ-SpotX integration does not support SSAI.
- SpotX cannot parse colons ':' in key-value pair tags. Hence, any colon ':' appearing in any key-value pair tag will be converted to an underscore '_', key-value pair tags must be set up on the SpotX dashboard accordingly.
Learn more about SpotX integration.
Important points to note before using SpringServe
- In SpringServe Ad integration we support all - pre-roll, mid-roll, and post-roll Ads but no macros are supported.
- MAZ will not append any additional parameters or macros to your Ad tag URL except KVP if added.
- Spring Serve cannot parse colons ':' in key-value pair tags. Hence, any colon ':' appearing in any key-value pair tag will be converted to an underscore '_' and therefore, key-value pair tags must be set up on the Spring Serve dashboard accordingly.
Learn more about SpringServe.
Third-Party Vast Ad Tags
Monetize your video content by connecting video ads to MAZ via a third party ad source.
Important points before using Third Party Ad Integration
- In Third-Party Ad Integration we support all - pre-roll, mid-roll, and post-roll ads but no macros are supported
- You will need to work with your third-party ad source in order to create an ad tag URL which is VMAP or VAST compliant.
- MAZ will not append any additional parameters or macros to your Ad tag URL except KVPs if added.
Learn more about Third Party Ad Integration.
With the release of iOS 14 and tvOS 14, Apple has introduced the AppTrackingTransparency framework. As per Apple's new guidelines, apps will need to request permission to track the user and access the device’s advertising identifier to display personalized ads.
Due to this, if your MAZ app is already on the Apple App Store and you decide to turn on or turn off ads on the MAZ dashboard, an app update will be required for iOS/tvOS apps to comply with the new guidelines.
After enabling or disabling ads on the MAZ Dashboard, please write to us at email@example.com to request an app update for your iOS/tvOS app.