Troubleshooting for existing and in-app subscribers
Here's a quick FAQ for end users who may be experiencing issues with the app subscriptions.
I have purchased a subscription in the app, but the latest issue has a price on it. What should I do?
Please try to restore your purchases by opening the app and tapping on the cog-wheel icon in the top right corner, then Restore Purchases at the bottom of the screen. You may be prompted to log in with your Account ID (this may be your Apple ID or Google ID, depending on which platform you originally made the purchase on).
Content that I've purchased isn't showing up in the app for me. What do I do if Restore Purchases doesn't work?
First, please try restarting the app:
1. Various devices will have different ways to restart the app itself. You'll want to exit your app completely (restarting the device entirely may not accomplish this)
2. Make sure you have a strong, stable WiFi connection and that you are logged into the Account ID you used to make the original purchase.
3. Launch the app again and try to Restore Purchases in the settings menu.
If this doesn't do the trick, you may have a faulty download of the app. Try deleting the app itself off your device and download from the respective app store again.
How do I cancel the auto-renewal of a subscription on Apple Devices?
- From your iPhone's home screen, tap App Store.
- Tap Featured at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap the Apple ID button at the bottom of the screen. (If you are not signed in, tap the Sign In button, and log in with the Apple ID you used to purchase the subscription. Then return to the Apple ID button.)
- Tap the View Apple ID button.
- Enter your password and tap OK.
- From the main account page, scroll down and tap Manage App Subscriptions. If you don't have any app subscriptions this button will not be displayed.
- From your Manage App Subscription page, choose an app subscription.
- Tap the subscription category for which you want to disable auto-renewal.
- Next to Automatic Renewal, tap the green toggle switch
- You'll receive a confirmation message; tap Turn Off to confirm your choice.
If there is a free trial being offered in the app, how does that work?
If you'd like to check if a free trial is currently being offered, please open the app and tap the settings icon in the top right corner.
Click on "Activate Subscription". If the publisher is currently offering a free trial, you will see a Free Trial Subscription button appear in the pop-up screen. Tap it and the app will inform you how long the free trial will last, as well as the price and length of the paid subscription that will begin at the end of the trial.
I have renewed my print subscription to the magazine with the publisher. I had also made some in-app purchases through the App Store. What happens to these in-app purchases now that I have a running print subscription? Can I get back those in-app purchases in the app and also get access to the print issues in the app?
If the publisher offers print subscription integration in the app, you will see an "Existing Subscriber Login" option under Activate Subscription in the settings of the app.
Fill out the information to unlock the issues associated with your print subscription. In addition to that you may also use "Restore Purchases" button under settings to unlock any previous in-app purchases (including auto renewing subscriptions) you may have purchased from the App Store.